Map your form fields to Chili Piper
Mapping your form to Chili Piper allows you to integrate your existing forms with Chili Piper. After someone fills out the form on your website, Chili Piper's booking tool handles your scheduling and routing.
1. Access your form Field Names
- Navigate to the page on your website where the form is installed.
- Find your Field Names. You can find them in your form creator, or by “Inspecting” them in Chrome. (Right-click on a field in the form and select "Inspect").
- Look for name=.
- The Field Name is whatever is in the quotations after name=.
2. Create a Chili Piper form and match your Form Fields to Salesforce fields
In Chili Piper, navigate to Admin -> Forms and create a new form.
- Create the same fields here as the form on your website.
- Select the correct Salesforce fields next to "Lead" and/or "Contact".
- Next to "Form field name" for each field, add the Form Fields names you found at the start of this help article.
Tips: 1. The "Form field name" must mach exactly the names you found in Step 1 of this article. For example, "phone" will be read differently as "Phone". (note the capital letter difference) 2. The Salesforce fields you select must match the fields in your form.
Important: Again, make sure the values are properly mapped for First Name, Last Name, Email, and all other form values that you would like Chili Piper to collect from your web forms for routing and qualification purposes.
3. Add form to router
After you have mapped your website form to your form in Chili Piper, make sure you add it to the router you’re planning to use.
Once you have completed these steps, please see the next article for adding the Chili Piper code to your web page.